Betting Sites in Kenya
New Betting Sites in Kenya – Tovuti mpya za kamari nchini kenya
The Kenyan online betting scene is witnessing a surge in activity, with local platforms delivering diverse betting options. As new domestic betting sites amplify their game, Kenyan bettors are treated to an extensive array of sports, casino games and live dealer card games. What adds to their allure are the huge bonuses, promotional offers, and competitive odds. We have reviewed all the best sites available for players in Kenya.
Here’s a list of the best new Kenyan betting sites that are gaining recognition:
New Betting Sites in Kenya
Top 5 New Betting Sites in Kenya – Overview
Mystake: Known for its diverse range of sports betting options and casino games, however has gained massive popularity with kenyan players from its incredible football and athletics betting. Mystake has successfully established itself as a comprehensive gambling platform. Its user-friendly interface, lucrative bonus offers, free bets and efficient customer support make it a favourite among Kenyan punters.
Goldenbet: Goldenbet stands out with its solid sportsbook, especially focusing on popular sports in Kenya like football, athletics, MMA and boxing. The site is renowned for offering free bets, competitive odds and frequently hosts promotions that appeal to both new and existing customers.
Golden Lion Casino: Golden Lion impresses with its sophisticated design and a rich library of casino games, especially jackpot slots, they also have an extensive sportsbook. Golden lion also has one of the biggest bonus welcome packages offering players in kenya the chance to claim up to £6000/$6000. The platform is trusted because of its secure transactions and fair gameplay. Its themed games and regular promotions have garnered a significant player base in Kenya.
HustlesCasino: Though not as widely known as some others, Hustles Casino is gradually making its mark as one of the best betting sites in Kenya, with a 200% matched first deposit bonus up to £2000/$2000 you can understand why!. The platform is appreciated for its diverse live dealer game selection and also has a huge sports betting library.
MagicWins: As the name suggests, Magic Wins offers an enchanting gaming experience, with a £6000/$6000 Welcome Bonus package up for grabs! If you prefer sticking to sports betting they also offer a matched £100 sports betting bonus. The site is packed with a myriad of slots, table games, live dealer options and sportsbook. Its interactive design and frequent bonus offers keep Kenyan players engaged and entertained.
Online Betting in Kenya: An Overview
Kenya is one of Africa’s leading markets when it comes to online betting, thanks to a rapidly growing young population, increasing access to the internet, and a long-standing tradition of sports enthusiasm, especially for football. Here’s a comprehensive insight into online betting in the East African nation:
- Kenya’s betting industry is regulated by the Betting Control and Licensing Board (BCLB). They ensure that operators adhere to the rules and regulations laid down in the Betting, Lotteries, and Gaming Act.
- In recent years, the Kenyan government has increased its oversight of the betting industry, leading to revised tax structures and licensing requirements.
Most Popular Sports Betting in Kenya:
Kenya has a robust sports culture, and as a result, sports betting has seen significant growth in the country over recent years, with that also a lot of new betting sites in Kenya. Here are some of the most popular sports for betting in Kenya:
- Football (Soccer): Without a doubt, football is the most popular sport in Kenya. The English Premier League, La Liga, Champions League, and local Kenyan Premier League attract a large number of bets. Kenyan teams like Gor Mahia and AFC Leopards have a dedicated following, and matches involving them or the national team, Harambee Stars, receive significant betting interest.
- Athletics: Given Kenya’s global dominance in long-distance running, athletics enjoys a special place in the hearts of many Kenyans. Major international events, such as the Olympics or World Championships, especially middle and long-distance races, see high betting activity.
- Rugby: Rugby has grown in popularity in Kenya, especially the Kenya Sevens team’s performances in the World Rugby Sevens Series. This has led to an increased interest in betting on rugby matches.
- Basketball: With the growing popularity of the NBA globally, many Kenyan punters also place bets on basketball games, especially during the playoffs and finals.
- Boxing and Martial Arts: Major boxing events, as well as MMA events like UFC, have found a growing audience in Kenya. High-profile matches, especially those involving African fighters, see a surge in betting activity.
- Cricket: Although not as popular as football, cricket still has its dedicated fan base in Kenya. Matches involving the Kenyan national team, especially in tournaments like the T20 World Cup, attract bettors.
- Motor Sports: Formula 1 races and other motorsport events are slowly gaining traction among Kenyan sports enthusiasts, leading to an uptick in betting.
Do These New Betting Sites in Kenya Offer Mobile betting?
With widespread use of mobile phones in Kenya and the popularity of mobile money solutions like M-Pesa, mobile betting has seen exponential growth. Many betting sites offer mobile apps or mobile-optimised websites, making it easy for users to place bets on the go.
Every betting site we review isn’t just mobile-friendly – it embodies a state-of-the-art mobile betting experience. These platforms are meticulously designed to cater to both the casual bettor grabbing a quick wager during a lunch break and the dedicated punter following live events throughout the day.
Features such as intuitive user interfaces ensure that navigation is a breeze, even on smaller screens. Optimised graphics and rapid load times guarantee that users don’t miss a second of the action, while secure and swift payment gateways mean that deposits and withdrawals can be done effortlessly, even when you’re on the move.
Payment Options Available on New Betting Sites in Kenya
Betting in Kenya has witnessed substantial growth, especially with the advent of mobile technology. Given the emphasis on mobile connectivity in the country, many payment options cater to mobile users. Here are the primary payment methods available for players on betting sites in Kenya:
- M-Pesa: Arguably the most popular payment method in Kenya, M-Pesa is a mobile money transfer service offered by Safaricom. It allows users to deposit, withdraw, and transfer money using their mobile phones. Most betting sites in Kenya integrate M-Pesa due to its widespread use.
- Airtel Money: A significant competitor to M-Pesa, Airtel Money is another mobile money service, offered by Airtel. It functions similarly to M-Pesa, allowing users to deposit, withdraw, and transfer funds easily.
- Bank Transfers: Traditional bank transfers are also an option, although they might not be as instant as mobile money services. They are, however, considered secure and are accepted by many betting platforms.
- Credit/Debit Cards: International and local credit and debit cards, like Visa and Mastercard, are also widely accepted by betting sites in Kenya. These provide an alternative for those who prefer not to use mobile money services.
- E-wallets: Some betting sites also support international e-wallets like Skrill, Neteller, and ecoPayz. These digital wallets allow players to store money online and transact with betting sites without directly using their bank accounts.
- Mobile Banking Apps: With the rise in digital banking in Kenya, many banks have developed their mobile apps, which can also be used for transactions with betting platforms. These apps often integrate with mobile money services for added convenience.
- Cryptocurrencies: A few forward-thinking betting platforms in Kenya have started accepting cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin. This offers users an extra layer of anonymity and can be particularly appealing to tech-savvy bettors.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to sign up, deposit, and place a bet on an online betting site in Kenya:
1. Choose a Betting Site:
- Research and choose a reputable online betting site. Consider factors like licensing, variety of betting markets, available promotions, payment methods, and user reviews.
2. Sign Up/Register:
- Click on the “Sign Up”, “Register”, or “Join Now” button, typically found on the homepage.
- Fill out the registration form with the required details: Full name, date of birth, address, email, and phone number.
- Set a unique username and password. Make sure your password is secure.
3. Verify Your Account:
- After registration, many sites require you to verify your account. You’ll usually receive a verification email. Click on the link provided in the email.
- Some betting sites might also require ID verification. This can involve uploading documents like a passport, driver’s licence.
4. Log In:
- Use the username and password you set up to log into your betting account.
5. Make a Deposit:
- Go to the “Cashier”, “Wallet”, or “Deposit” section of the website.
- Choose your preferred payment method (e.g., credit/debit card, e-wallet, bank transfer).
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit and provide any necessary payment details.
- Confirm the transaction. Most deposits are instant, but processing time can vary depending on the method.
6. Select Your Bet:
- Navigate to the sport or event you’d like to bet on.
- Browse the available markets and odds. For example, if it’s a football match, you can bet on outcomes like match winner, number of goals, or first goal scorer.
- Click on the outcome you want to bet on. This will add the selection to your bet slip.
7. Place Your Bet:
- Open your bet slip, which is usually located on the right side of the page.
- Enter the amount you wish to wager on your selection(s). The potential payout or return will be displayed.
- Confirm your bet by clicking “Place Bet” or a similar button.
- Once the bet is placed, it will be deducted from your account balance.
8. Wait and Watch:
- You can now watch the event, either live-streamed on the betting site (if available) or through another medium.
- Once the event concludes, if your bet wins, the winnings will be credited to your account.
9. Withdrawal (Optional):
- If you wish to cash out your winnings, head back to the “Cashier” or “Wallet” section.
- Choose “Withdraw” and select your desired withdrawal method.
- Enter the amount and confirm. Be aware that withdrawal times can vary depending on the method.
FAQ’s About Betting Sites in Kenya
1. Are online betting sites legal in Kenya?
Yes, online betting is legal in Kenya.
2. Can I use international betting sites while in Kenya?
While there are local betting sites licensed by the BCLB, Kenyan punters can also access international betting platforms. They offer more lucrative bonuses and odds.
3. Which sports are most popular to bet on in Kenya?
Football is the dominant sport, with many Kenyans betting on local leagues as well as international matches, like the English Premier League. Other popular sports include rugby, cricket, and athletics.
4. What payment methods can I use on Kenyan betting sites?
Mobile money platforms like M-Pesa and Airtel Money are the most popular payment methods, but many betting sites also accept bank transfers, credit/debit cards, and e-wallets.
5. Are the odds on Kenyan betting sites competitive?
Generally, the odds on Kenyan betting sites are competitive and in line with international standards. However, it’s always a good idea to shop around and compare odds for the best value.
6. Is live betting available on Kenyan betting platforms?
Yes, many Kenyan betting platforms offer live betting (or in-play betting), allowing punters to place bets on events that are currently taking place.
7. Do betting sites in Kenya offer bonuses and promotions?
Yes, many Kenyan betting sites offer bonuses for new users and various promotions for existing users, such as reload bonuses, free bets, and loyalty programs.